Monday, May 31, 2010

Siiiiick

For the past five months I've miraculously avoided getting sick. No colds, no influenza, nothing. And then within five minutes of getting ready for bed last night I started to cough. I have no idea where this came from. I don't know what to call this as I don't have the flu or a cold. Just a horrible dry cough and a swollen sore throat. The only remedy for the cough is honey and the only remedy for the swollen sore throat is Tylenol. I tried gargling with salt water and taking a shower for the steam, but nothing happened. What is this??

So, today I just laid on the couch watching really boring television and eating jello. I think Sanchito really enjoyed the jello--he was the most active today than he has ever been. Steven spent his Memorial Day working on our yard and playing his computer games. I'm glad he was away from me all day; I don't want to pass this onto him. Plus, whenever he would check up on me, he'd make me laugh which would cause me to cough pitifully. I'm so happy how much Steven makes me laugh, but "not today, honey. I don't want to die from laughing at your corny jokes." And thus was our Memorial Day.

No comments: