Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pregnancy Update: 25 weeks, 1 day

I officially accepted last Thursday that I look pregnant. Sure, I've felt it but I figured I looked more fat than pregnant. Now, I look it. I went shopping the other night and a few people would look at my tummy, smile at me, and let my cart in front of them. Ahh, thanks nice people.


Monday, May 3: 22 weeks, 1 day=approx. 4 months until due date

Sanchito is getting so big! He likes to wake me up in the morning, then sleep all day long, and then kick all night long. I can push on my tummy and he'll kick back. Or if I eat some cheese, he'll wake up and move around. I can't breathe as deeply as I used to and it makes me tired and light headed quite easily. I went to sacrament meeting today but couldn't take the rest of church in fear I would faint away.
Steven and I went to our first birth class on Thursday night. There's five other couples there, along with our friends Mindy and Andrew who are due with a baby daughter a week before us. It's exciting to get Steven really involved with this pregnancy; he now understands that when my water breaks or I go into labor it doesn't mean the baby is going to pop out in five seconds. Steven wants us to be as prepapred as possible so it's fun to see how concerned he is with me, the baby, and finances (that part isn't so fun.) We've started to learn breathing techniques: I'm more of a shallow breather because I have no lung room for deep breaths. And, we've started to learn labor positions like leaning over a yoga ball for comfort or sitting in a cloud of pillows. I can't wait for our next meeting and to learn lots more!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Cute little Becky :) What an exciting time in your life!!! Pregnancy is so much fun and you are reaching the most exciting part, feeling the baby move and showing just enough that you aren't uncomfortable... enjoy this time because soon you will get uncomfortable, people ask you if you're due tomorrow because you must look huge and the baby just kicks and straightens his leg and you have to rub his heel to get him to stop pushing on you :) its just such a joy but after a while you just want to baby out... so its good you are taking classes to learn about it! That is wonderful! Oh I'm just very excited for you! :)
Ok, I'm done :)

Emily said...

yes, I just reread my post and realized I have a few grammatical errors... another joy... sleep deprivation :) I don't know how to edit my post, so I'm just going to go to bed :)