Thursday, June 3, 2010

Guilty Pleasure

My sickness has turned into a full blown cold. It has taken a lot out of me. I only have enough energy to do one strenuous thing per day like pay the bills, clean the kitchen, do some laundry, etc. I figured today I would make my friend, Amber, a birthday present and card. I made her a necklace, which left all fingers on both my hands tingling and swollen. I moved onto making the card. Half way through I got that dreadful fainting feeling and couldn't breathe. I stopped what I was doing and laid down, but I knew I needed something more. Like sugar. I don't have a ton of things that contain sugar in my house. I could only think of the delicious ripe strawberries cooling in my fridge. I went to grab some berries when I noticed the whip cream and chocolate syrup sitting nearby. I threw them into my bowl and started to nom my way to consciousness. I gave up halfway through though. I couldn't taste a thing; I was eating more for survival than pleasure. Plus, if I ate that whole bowl of sugar, I would put myself into a coma. So, naturally, I told Steven I had a treat for him and he happily accepted my leftovers. I don't feel too guilty about this dish. Without it, I would have died today. And that wouldn't be good on Amber's birthday.

Amber's necklace: clear glass beads and dark purple glass beads

2 comments:

Amber Fryar said...

I love the necklace but am sorry it almost killed you!!!! I am glad you had a delicious treat to save your life! Thanks for birthday treat. I love it!

Katie Seamons said...

That is a beautiful necklace! And, I am also very happy you didn't die!!! What would life be without Becky?