Sunday, May 2, 2010

April--What a month!

I was expecting April to be pretty boring, and here we are already May 2!

On Thursday, April 22 we had a monsoon that somehow made its way into our basement. It wasn't terrible flooding, just enough water damage that we had to move our basement furniture around to pull up the carpet to dry it out. Thank goodness my parents live nearby to drive late at night to come help us. They brought their army of fans and gave their advice and support to what we should do. We sucked up all the rain water with a rented Rug Doctor, dried the carpet with fans galore, and then cleaned the carpet one more time with ammonia and vinegar with the aid of the Rug Doctor. To make sure there was no water damage in the wall, Steven cut six inches of the wall out and stuck fans to dry up the moisture. We are now working on putting new baseboard up to cover the six inches of lacking drywall. And we did fix what caused the water coming in: a clogged gutter that made all the water trickle down the side of our house into our house. Everything is fine now and I can't wait to get things organized again.

The next day, Friday, April 23 my sister Liz came home from BYU! I'd like to be happy that she is home...but she took the Mayfield from me. Oh well. My sister Reanna and her husband Mike drove with Liz from Utah, and it was great to see them as well. We had a family day extravaganza in Denver as we visited the aquarium and the state capitol. But now Reanna and Mike are gone, and I'm stuck here at home without a Mayfield. We'll see family again in September when the baby comes.

Speaking of babies, I have lots to report. But...that is going to be a separate post.

No comments: