Wednesday, August 25, 2010

38 week Update

Technically, I'm 38 weeks and 4 days so this post is a little late, but better than nothing!

Look at me! I'm all belly now. 38 weeks, 1 day.

Sanchito is doing GREAT! As of last Tuesday (8/17) his tummy grew from the 12th percentile to the 46th percentile so there's no need for inducing labor. Plus, I've also grown to 34 cm, I'm 2 cm dilated, and 80% effaced. And I've gained more weight....but we won't get into that. My migraines have come back and I don't like it one bit! From the weather changing, to my lower back aching, my hormones fluctuating, and the stress and anxiety compiling, I usually have a migraine every other day. Before, in the winter, I would just put a steaming rice bag on my head and all would be fine. But, I really don't want to do that in 80 degree weather and ice just makes it worse. So, my doctor ordered me to drink some caffeine and take Tylenol as needed. I've hardly consumed soda my second and third trimesters and I've had absolutely no caffeine. I forgot how yummy cherry vanilla Pepsi is and it's hard not to drink it. I have to remind myself that it is for medicinal uses. And it works so well. No migraine tonight!

I thought my tooth died the other night. It was hurting so much and the gums were bleeding pretty badly. Steven asked me when the last time I went to the dentist, and all I could remember was that it was last year and it was snowing. So, I figured it was time for another check up and cleaning. The total number of cavities I have is............................ZERO! I was pretty surprised but over all very grateful. My teeth and gums just hurt because of all the swelling from the pregnancy. I was scared the baby had sucked out all the calcium from my teeth but I guess popping tums daily has paid off.

I have to go right now. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and milk half an hour ago and promised myself I wouldn't eat it until I had written on here. It's pretty soggy. I hope it's still good. Thanks for reading!

No comments: