Sunday, August 15, 2010

Little Mrs. Crafty Pants

Boy, have I been busy these past few weeks! To keep within my baby budget, I decided to make some items that I could have bought at the store, but then we wouldn't be able to pay our hospital bills. My mom and my friend Amber let me use their sewing machines and I thank them so much for it!

I made a nursing cover for around $5! I used these directions: http://blisstree.com/live/free-pattern-to-sew-your-own-nursing-cover/ My sewing wasn't perfect but I don't think the baby will mind. You can call it a "nursing cover," an "utter shutter," or a "hooter hider."

Look at those cute little footsies!

I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby for $3. Having a boy, I didn't get to add anything pink the nursery. I figured pink was okay in the nursing cover since nursing is a very womanly thing.

My second project was my Boppy pillow. A pillow already packaged with a cover costs about $50 at the store. But an uncovered pillow at JoAnne's was $20. My friend, Mindy, and I decided to buy the JoAnne pillows and make our own covers. We used Amber's sewing machines and her help, and the pillows turned out cute and very comfy.

Aww, my sweet fake baby snoozing in his Boppy.



I made two covers. One is a froggy design and the other is this cute brown and teal pattern.


Mindy used a cute teddy bear pattern for her pillow.

Mindy and her pillow. She's going to have the cutest baby girl!

No comments: