Sunday, November 21, 2010

I feel old when....

I go to bed at 10 pm on a Friday night. Or I just go to bed at 10 pm on any night. I remember way back when I was in high school and even starting college that 10 pm was way too early to go to bed. 10 pm was just the beginning of my evening and I would stay out with friends, watch tv, read books, or do whatever until 2 or 3 in the morning. Now 10 pm is something I look forward to every night.

This past week has been quite interesting health wise. I'm getting old and my body is pooping out on me. I went to the dermatologist to get this bump (3 cm round) on my head checked out. The doctor thought it could be a cyst so he opened it up to drain it and no fluid came out. He then took a biopsy of it and stitched up the wound with 6 stitches. I'll find out the results later in the next couple of days. I find it a common theme that my body doesn't retain much fluid (rewind three months ago and I have no amniotic fluid for the baby to float around in.) The doctor had to cut my hair off so I have a little bald patch, but the rest of my hair covers it up nicely. After the little surgery, I went to the store to get some medicine since I figured it was just a small bandage that no one could really see. I was completely wrong! It was just this big piece of gauze and it looked like I had a lobotomy...no wonder why people looked at me funny. Oh well! I'm not too worried about this bump on my head but I'll keep family and friends posted.

No comments: