Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sanchito is Finally Here!

Our little Sanchito is finally here. But his name isn't Sanchito...it's Ammon!! A few hours after he was born, I kept calling him Sanchito but I'm pretty used to Ammon now. There's so much to write about that's happened since my last post but I don't have to time to write a whole novel so you'll get just a snip it here and there of what it's like to be a new parent.

I'll just write this for now: he is one smart little baby. Since he was born, Ammon likes to nom on his hands since that is what babies do for suckage. Steven and I don't really like that habit because he then thinks his hands are my nipples and we don't want him to eat himself. To solve that we gave him a soothie pacifier. At first, he'd suck on it a few times, it would fall out, and then he would cry. I put a rolled up blanket near the soothie to keep it in his mouth and that kept it in for a little bit longer. And then, I had the idea to put his hand near the soothie. He's already learned that if he keeps his hand on the soothie, the soothie stays in his mouth. If he moves his hand, he moves the soothie. If he rolls is hand over the soothie, it goes back into his mouth. This is such a small accomplishment but for Ammon I think it's pretty huge. Good job baby!

1 comment:

Amber Fryar said...

He is to cute! I can't wait to come visit again!!! Maybe holding your sweet Ammon will put me in labor!