Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Family Update

I'm afraid to announce that spring is here in fear of another winter storm warning. It was quite odd last Monday how it was 65 degrees out, I was raking leaves in the front yard, and Colorado was under a sever winter storm warning. It snowed its six wet inches of snow, and by the time I woke up Tuesday at noon, it was practically all melted away. Ah, yes, spring in Colorado.

As of a literal family update, I'm on my laptop tapping away while Steven collapsed at an odd angle onto the bed into his Sunday nap coma.

Baby update! I'm 17 weeks, 1 day along. The baby has been most active these past few days, especially at night making it kind of impossible to sleep. A few days ago I was lounging in my bed on my laptop when I felt all my innards move around, and I could feel the baby flip. And then my lower back/kidney area hurt like heck! I thought I was going to die like my kidneys exploded from a stealth uterine infection. I just breathed it out (hee-hee-whoooo...hee-hee-whoooo) until it went away. Freaking out, I called my sister Mindy up to ask the heck just happened to me. She explained the baby was just rested on my kidneys, I was going to feel this a lot, and the pain will worsen during labor. GREAT! How am I going to survive labor if one little incident like this had me crying for five minutes?!?! I admit, I'm a wimp. Give me an epidural now! Anyway, I'm beginning to show like I really am pregnant, not just getting fat in my belly. It's exciting that this is actually happening, I'm really pregnant, and I'm going to have a baby. I'm trying not to buy any baby things right now; we're waiting to find out the sex on April 20th. Then, after that, I will be a baby maniac! I can't wait to get the nursery under way.

I can't forget to mention our little friend that came to visit last weekend. We had a bird in our chimney, and before we left for church Sunday afternoon, Steven put a box in front of the fireplace for the bird to fly into. When we got home from church, we took a nap, and I was woken by something freaking out in the living room. I woke Steven up and told him the bird got out but when he listened for it, nothing moved. I finally kicked him out of bed, in which he went into the living room to discover the bird did not fly into the box but into our blinds. We scared it out of the blinds and it flew out our front door but not before it flew into the door first. This wasn't our first encounter with a wild creature in our house (no, I'm not talking about Mayfield.) About a month or so ago, a squirrel fell down onto the shoot and wouldn't come down for days. We put the box up with chips and nuts for it to eat. We came home one day after running errands to find the squirrel made its way into the kitchen and was hiding behind our flour and sugar canisters. I ran it out the back door and it got its little sooty paws all over the counters. We're going to put some bird netting over our chimney so this doesn't happen again. Mayfield will probably eat the next critter that comes to visit.


1 comment:

Amber Fryar said...

When the baby gets really big he will stretch a foot into the ribs while doing a handstand on your bladder! That is always really nice and super comfortable :)